Struggling with sexual brokenness? Looking for a small group? Join us this Spring for a new online group!
Group Description: Sexual Sanity for Women: Healing from Sexual Brokenness. Our desire is that women would be equipped and encouraged by the gospel of Jesus Christ, so that they love him and grow in freedom from the sin, pain and shame of sexual brokenness. Our lives are broken–but the gospel of healing, restoration, and forgiveness has broken into our brokenness. This group will help women begin a process of freedom and change, a place to start addressing sexual brokenness. We will work through the book Sexual Sanity for Women.
Who is this for? Any woman who is struggling with sexual brokenness and desires a safe place to discuss your issues in light of the transforming gospel of Christ.
- New groups open Summer 2019!
What are the sessions like? Each session we will work through discussion questions from chapters in the book. The video sessions will be hosted on ‘Zoom Meeting’, the most reliable online conferencing out there. You will have a direct, private connection with your coach and group where everyone can see each other and connect.
Cost: Groups are $129.00 to be paid at the time of registration. This non-refundable* fee encourages group commitment and participation. (If finances are a problem, let us know. You can apply for a scholarship.)
Leader: All groups are led by the founder of Joy Pedrow Ministries, Joy Pedrow Skarka. Joy earned a masters in Christian Education and Women’s Ministry from Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS). Currently, she is a doctoral candidate at DTS,
What do I get?
- Online groups meet weekly for 12 consecutive weeks online (via Zoom Conference) to work through the book Sexual Sanity for Women. Meetings will last 2 hours each week.
- Online groups are limited to 10 women. Registration is first-come,
- Groups close to new members at the start of Week 1. New members may join once a new group starts.
- 1 60-minute Skype call with Joy. Once you are in the group, you will schedule your time with Joy.
- Access into a private community (via Slack). Here you can ask Joy and your group any question you like. You’ll get personal and practical answers on a continual basis. A valuable benefit is forming relationships with your group, and sharing creative ideas, resources, and goals as you progress through the session. The stronger the relationships you make, the more value you will get out of the group. You can continue to stay in this community when the group ends!
- If in the USA, we will send you a copy of the book Sexual Sanity for Women. If you are not located in the USA, we will send you an e-book.
“In order to experience freedom from sinful relationships, sexual patterns, and desires, we need to understand that these behaviors are expressions of a sinful heart that has been influenced by a sinful world. Change begins as we address the deeper heart issues in our lives through the truth and grace of God’s Word.”
This study is not meant to provide in-depth counseling. We highly recommend you seek counseling outside of this group.
“Let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God,” Hebrews 12:1-2.
Past Participant Said:
“I really enjoyed attending the group, because it gave me a safe space to be vulnerable and share about my struggles. It was wonderful to not feel like there was something SERIOUSLY wrong with me, because I am not the only one going through this struggle. I experienced compassion and wisdom from the women in my group in my pursuit of freedom. The book is also great. I have learned a lot about myself and gotten tools to help me get to root of my issues. This group has truly been an answer to prayer.”