Do you feel unequipped to deal with sexual issues in your ministry? Unsure of how to respond, lead and guide girls as they open up about their stories: stories of abuse, addictions, rape, guilt, shame?
Invite Joy to equip you to minister to women and bring them freedom from sexual shame.
Joy will share her story, point women to Jesus and explain the power of going first. She will focus on tangible attitudes, responses and next steps for ministers when girls open up about their sexual issues.
Here are some common scenarios covered:
- A girl in your discipleship group confesses that she struggles with masturbation. What should the discipleship group Leader do or say? What’s the next step for this girl?
- Later you find out this girl was sexually abused as a child. What do you do or say? What’s the next step?
- A girl in your discipleship group tells you that she is sometimes attracted to girls. What do you do or say? What’s the next step?
- A girl in your discipleship group says that she was date raped this past school year. What do you do or say? What’s the next step?
- A girl in your discipleship group confesses that she had an abortion. What do you do or say? What’s the next step?
- You think a girl in your group might be addicted to sex because of how promiscuous she is. She has lots of shame and guilt about her lifestyle and wants to change once she gets back to campus, but she loves attention from boys so much and is still talking to several boys back home who are no good. What do you do?
The workshop will end with a time of Q&A.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop at a conference, church, or college ministry, fill out this form today!